Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Deck the Halls
One of the biggest perks of living in Canada (besides health care) is that there is no rule as to when you are allowed to start decorating for Christmas. I take full advantage of this, and take my decorating cue from Starbucks, who officially declared it Christmas last week.

So, we scored a $20 Christmas tree on Craigslist, hauled the Christmas decorations up from storage, and went crazy. Oh, and we had to dress kids all Christmas-like too..

Eva was thilled about the "big socks", and had to try them on.

While we were decorating, we also had Christmas music on in the background. She loved the song "Santa Clause is coming to town"-she danced and got all excited that Santa is coming to town- even though I am pretty sure she doesn't even know what that means.

She also helped put ornaments on the tree...


The lower branches were very well-adorned when she was finished with them.

But, seriously, this year Christmas decorating was so much fun. Now that Eva is at the age where she gets excited about everything, it fills my heart with so much joy. Everything amazed her: Ornaments- WOW! and Stockings for presents- WOW! and Christmas music- WOW! I better not pout because Santa Clause is coming to town- OK MOM, WOW!!!

I think this Christmas is going to be the most magical one yet.

 
posted by Teresa at 8:54 AM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Bonnie

    I love that you have decorated for Christmas already and I totally agree--- once Starbucks has made the move, we should all follow :) I have been strongly considering putting our decorations up this weekend. We'll see how daring I feel :) And I loved hearing about Eva's "WOW" reactions-- so cute!!

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Kristin

    Marin is getting excited about Christmas too, every time she sees a tree in a store she excitedly yells "A CHRISTMAS TREE!"

    I love the well-adorned bottom half of the tree so funny.

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Jen Wilson

    Aw! I'm glad you decorated early so I can see someone's house all decked out. Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Unknown

    OOOOH, I can't wait to join you, seeing the Starbucks holiday cups every year actually makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, sheesh what a geek. Here in Tucson it is still almost 90*, but we have some new neighbors from Canada so perhaps we can start things a bit earlier here too :-)

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Lesley

    I love Starbucks...and I love Christmas...and I love that you got out there and got into the spirit of the season...and 20$ tree??? fabulous Find....

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    from dad braam.....We have the christmas lights on every night as do our neighbors now. Hey, it's christmas and it'll end sometime in february.., enjoy, love youse all, dad

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Chelsey

    the tree looks beautiful!!

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Bloggy Mama

    Awesome!! I haven't decorated yet, I usually wait for at least Dec 1st! Your tree looks fantastic! Good job, Eva! Love the spirit.... love it!

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    trying on the "big socks" every year is my christmas tradition, they don't fit now :( but i try them anyway.
    i love that starbucks calls the shots for decorating. we'd have been there right along with you if we weren't moving!