Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Pictures Pictures Pictures
I am so overdue on posting pictures, it's not even funny. Life is pretty busy around here. I'm not complaining, just explaining (hey, that rhymed!) why I haven't posted pictures from my Mom's birthday, Nich's birthday, our Vancouver trip, and a visit with Nich's Opa. But, I need to get on top of it, because another big adventure awaits us tomorrow: me and the girls are packing up and heading out to Birch Bay to hang out with Christi and the boys. So without further adieu, an onslaught of pictures (brace yourselves..)



Happy Birthday to Nich (11 days ago....)!! He didn't want a present from me, just a date night (so we went and watched horse racing, so fun). But, I couldn't let a birthday go by without any gifts, so I made him an edible present. A 5-layer Oreo Fudge Ice Cream cake. He was pretty stoked...


And I was stoked to help him eat it...
As was Eva...

Next day was my Mom's birthday celebration. Christi, the cousins, and Great Grandma came over to help us celebrate as well. Kaitlyn enjoyed grabbing Ethan's toes...



And Aaron and Eva had a good time playing together, oh and stealing one another's toys.



It's so great that the cousins are so close in age. They are going to have loads of fun together in the years to come.

Annd, fast-forward to the next weekend..we went on a 3-day family vacation to the city, which I just blogged about, but here are some pictures to go with it. Eva and Kaitlyn had their own room, with their own tv. Oh the luxury...



Nich and I were pleased to see that our hotel room came complete with Starbucks coffee, and Starbucks cups with sleeves. (side note: Starbucks Christmas starts tomorrow. So, go sip on the new gingersnap latte, I know I'm going to)

Our hotel also had a swimming pool. Eva enjoyed breaking out her blow-up giraffe floaty toy again.


We also enjoyed a trip to the aquarium (which was supposed to be a trip to the Stanley park train, but they arent open till the end of November apparently. Sooo, we ended up at the neighbouring aquarium.)




In the aquarium gift shop, there was a Christmas tree made out of Beluga whales. I want one.

And, the night we got home from Vancouver, we got a call from Nich's cousin, letting us know his Opa was in town. Nich hasn't seen his Opa in years, so it was a great reunion.


And, that's all the update for now. More adventures to come... Oh, and don't forget about the gingersnap lattes.

 
posted by Teresa at 11:34 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Jen Wilson

    That's so cool that Opa came to see you! I'm so happy about that, especially for him. And Jonathan's always fun to have around.

    I wish we lived closer to you guys so that the girls could have all their cousins close. Maybe one day when Noah's working for the Canucks. Ha!

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Kristin

    5-layer Oreo Fudge Ice Cream cake!!! YUM-YUM!!!

    Sounds like you guys have been having loads of fun! Right on. :)

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger jfur

    i love that you were eating your dessert at 4:30pm. you rock..... !

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Angella

    Um. I totally need that recipe. When you have the time :)

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger Bloggy Mama

    Wow. What wonderful memories you are making. Sending you all lots of love in your big birthday month!!