Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Almost Halloween
I admit it, I'm already listening to Christmas tunes. But, it's not my fault. Nich got over-excited and downloaded lots of new songs on iTunes, and plays them every chance he gets. He got the classics, sung by Diana Krall and Dean Martin. Good stuff.

Regardless of the Christmas feel our house is beginning to take on, I am still excited about Halloween. We did pumpkin carving on Monday night (while listening to Christmas music, of course). Eva had lots of fun, we let her colour her pumpkin with washable markers before we carved it.




Nich also had a good time. There is the normal way to carve a pumpkin, and then there is the manly way...



He made an owl, and Eva and I made a kitty.



And, a tip I heard on the radio- if you carve your pumpkins early like we did, put some vaseline on the carved part to keep it moisturized, and it will still look happy and fresh on Halloween.

Now, all I have left is to finalize the costumes for Halloween day. Eva is going to be an elephant (heehee) and Kaitlyn is going to be Winnie the Pooh.

What are your kids going to be?
 
posted by Teresa at 9:06 AM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Jen Wilson

    Aw! I can't wait to see pictures of your little kidlets all dressed up.

    Great job on the pumpkins, Nick! And I still cannot believe you're already listening to Christmas music. It should be a crime!

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Unknown

    ha ha. Glad to see we are not the only ones carving with power tools! Kash is going to be a monkey, so cute. Have a great time!

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Kristin

    Christmas music! Already!

    I'll have to remember the washable maker idea for next year...

    My mom uses power tools to carve pumpkins too, ha ha!

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger Chelsey

    i love christmas music too! we have yet to do pumpkins, they are in the carport screaming to be carved. the coloring idea is a good one.
    maya is going to be a ladybug!

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Unknown

    no christmas music till after thanksgiving (that is what I try to do at least) but the tunes are soooo catchy -- I cought myself humming one the other day.

    the pumpkins look great - Shawn, my roommmates and I all carved pumpkins at my place last week.

    sounds like your kidlets are going to be super cute for halloween -- no kids for me to dress up yet -- but I am a cat this year and my roommate is a fairy =)

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Angella

    Matthew is in the midst of using the jig saw on our pumpkins. Hee!

    You'll have to wait for the big reveal of the costumes ;)

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Teresa

    Nicole-
    I abide by the after Thanksgiving rule too- after CANADIAN Thanksgiving (which was a few weeks ago)... ;)

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey, wouldn't worry too much about listening to Christmas music too early. Daisy is still listening to Christmas music from last Christmas! So I don't know if we are early or just late. ;-) Oh, and I LOVE the pics of your family. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun making them!