Thursday, March 27, 2008
38 weeks
I finally got to see my Doctor again, no lame substitute today. I've gained 3 pounds in the last week. But that makes up for the pound I lost the week before. He estimated baby to be 7 1/2 pounds at delivery, which is great. And, the kicker, the baby is facing posterior...which means icky painful back labour if he doesn't twirl around soon. My Doctor is confident that he'll turn during labour, especially if I lean over my birthing ball during the early hours of it. Sooo, we'll see. Back labour is something I was hoping to avoid this time. Eva was posterior as well, and it caused lots of problems, mostly because it's harder for them to be birthed.

Nevertheless, I am excited to go through whatever it takes to meet Baby Bean. I am so stoked. And since I am totally convinced it's going to be a boy, I went and bought BLUE sleepers at the Children's Place this morning. (If you live by one, hurry in, there sleeprs are $5.99 right now!).


And that's the baby update for today. There is so much else I could blog about...but maybe some other day. I need a nap.
 
posted by Teresa at 1:09 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Ohhh, yucky back labour. I had that really bad with Daisy too, and it sucked, because I had an epidural and it didn't even touch it! So I hope that baby bean works with you too. Oh, and I hope it is a boy! ;-)

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Ohhh, yucky back labour. I had that really bad with Daisy too, and it sucked, because I had an epidural and it didn't even touch it! So I hope that baby bean works with you too. Oh, and I hope it is a boy! ;-)

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Girls can wear blue too, so you're safe either way. But don't worry, you're having a boy (according to me).

    I can't believe the baby is almost here, that's way too exciting. Have a great day!!

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Chelsey

    Maya was postierier and the one night i had small contrations really didnt feel good, so..good luck, and we'll pray for a speedy deliver and health for you and "him" hehe

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Kristin

    Oh I hope that wee one turns around!

    Only a couple weeks left to go SO exciting! :)