Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Christmas shopping
I'm almost done my Christmas shopping, which is a great feeling. The only big thing left to do now, is to build a train table for Eva's wooden tracks. It should turn out great, I'm pretty excited. We're going to build tunnels over some of it, and paint the table pink, and install it so it attaches to her wall, and can be clipped upright when she's not using it. It's all about practicality.

For little Katy-Kaitlyn, I wasn't sure what to get her. My original plan was to get her a riding toy, but then I realized it wouldn't be any fun for her because Nich is very touchy about his hardwood floors (which are not hard wood at all, but in fact a very soft wood that dents at the slightest touch) and would never let her ride on them.

So, I was at Toys R Us, and spotted the Classic Cabbage Patch Dolls- you know, the ones with the yarn hair- I bet you had one- I think everyone I know had one.

Anyways, I showed it to Kaitlyn, and she got the biggest grin on her face. Then she grabbed it, pulled it up to her mouth, and tried to eat it. Which is baby sign language for "I want a Classic Cabbage Patch Doll for Christmas, Mommy!" She's so cute.

Have I mentioned yet, that I am so excited for Christmas?
 
posted by Teresa at 1:57 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Jen Wilson

    I'm so excited about Christmas as well. Kaylie has been BEGGING for a Nintendo DS. It's going to take a miracle!

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger jfur

    we are making a train table with our set too!!!! great minds think alike.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Jen

    The train table is a great idea! Abby got a cabbage patch a few years ago and loved that gift! I'm sure your sweet pea will too.

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Unknown

    i had a red haired cabbage patch that I named after my aunt who had red hair - I called her cathy baby ... still remember =) I think it is a great gift!

    I'm excited for christmas too!!! going to visit the fam =)