Saturday, August 02, 2008
Mommy's Girl
Kaitlyn is such a sweetheart, I melt every time I look at her. She always saves her best smiles, snuggles and giggles for me. When she cries, I'm the only one that can calm her. When she's hungry, I'm the only one that can feed her (we're working on the bottle thing, but so far I pretty much have to leave the zip code for it to work- if she knows I'm near, she outright refuses).

All this is wonderful, especially since she's my last baby. And I really am soaking up every snuggle. But, the sleep! I need the sleep! It is progressively getting worse and worse. I hesitate to complain, because it really only takes me seconds to get her back to sleep again. The hard part is though, last night she woke up every 15 minutes for an hour and a half before I finally gave in and brought her to bed. And every time she awoke for that hour and a half, she would just scream louder if Nich went in to calm her- but as soon as he would hand her to me, she would fall silent and go off to sleepy-land.

In one of the sleep advice books I read, it suggested being strict with their naptimes and bedtimes, and soon enough the rest of the night will follow suit. And so I have been- and she's been a little falling asleep champion. I cuddle with her until she's drowsy- but still awake. Tuck her in her little crib. Tell her I love her, while her big eyes are looking up at me. Do a little snuzzle-wuzzle action, and then I leave. And she goes to sleep by herself almost every time. Without a peep. Now, if she would only stay asleep at night...

In other Kaitlyn news- she is working on her sitting skills. She sat on the couch without falling over for almost 5 minutes yesterday! Some pictures...

Chillaxin' on the couch


Showing off her toys


This is the way Kaitlyn looks at Eva when she is tantruming.
It's a "Whoa, what's her deal?" type of look.

 
posted by Teresa at 7:41 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Jen Wilson

    She is so adorable. I'm happy she's falling asleep on her own for you, and I'm REALLY hoping that she starts sleeping longer, so you can get some sleep!

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Bloggy Mama

    I love seeing how much she looks like Eva. I, too, hope that she starts to sleep longer for you. Sending you sleepy thoughts.

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Kristin

    Cute pics! The last one is funny, hopefully she is not taking lessons!