Ever since I got married, I've meal-planned for the week. It makes for an easy, breezy week, and minimal return trips to the grocery store.
I figured since I meal plan anyways, I should post them weekly on my blog (like Jen used to do). And then, a couple months from now, when I'm having trouble coming up with meals for the week, I can look back at my blog for inspiration. And,
Jen (or any other bloggers out there), if you feel like posting your meal plans again- I love getting new ideas :)
So, without further ado, the meal plan for the week:
Sloppy Jos, Fruit Salad
Salmon, Green Beans, Rice
Pork, Leftover Rice, Green Beans
Rigatoni Balsamica (my favourite meal made by Nich, who saw the recipe made on a cooking show)
Shrimp Kebabs, Slow Cooked Taters
I never know what day I'll be making the meals on. It all depends on the mood I'm in, how much cooking I feel like doing, and the weather. You know?
And on a side note, we're learning more and more about how buying local is better, and how where my meat comes from, isn't always the best (Nich told me yesterday that chicken farmers keep the chickens in a barn, they never see the light of day, feed them lots of steroids so they grow fast, and then kill them for food after one month. Eek)
So, I checked out the prices of meat from our local Ladybug Organics store, and holy wow, not so affordable. So, we might be cooking more vegetarian meals. Any recipes for me? I'm going to Chapters this morning to see if I can score a Vegetarian Recipes book.
pricesmart sells organic ground beef and it isn't much more then regular ground beef, and it tastes SO much better!
you should also check out heritage meats over by safeway (the one by the mall)