Saturday, July 19, 2008
Vacation Part 2
Woowee! Who's idea was it to take a tantruming 2-year old and a nursing-every-2.5-hours baby on a 11 1/2 hour road trip anyways? What a gong show.

But, we survived, and dare I say, even enjoyed ourselves quite a bit. Canmore is awesome! Nich and I fell in love with the quaint mountain village, and were wishing we had an excuse to move there. It is gorgeous! And so many outdoor activities to do, and fun little shops. And sooo much new construction being built- and lots of high-end houses too, which Nich wants to build some day. Anyways, exciting stuff.

Our first day there, we found the local Starbucks (of course!), went walking along a boardwalk...





found the HooDoos...


And enjoyed the pool and hot tub at the Condo. Kaitlyn sported Liliana's itsy-bitsy, adorable swimsuit, and sat in her baby floaty.


The second day there, we met up with Jen and her family. The girls had lots of fun together.
Eva was so excited to hang out with her cousin Kaylie- when she wasn't around, she would ask "Where's my Kaylie?" So cute.

Anyhow, we drove into Banff, attempted to go to the hot pools- but thunder and lightning kept that from happening. Eva and Kaylie seriously bummed, but a trip to McD's quickly put smiles back on their faces. Then, I drug everyone (Nich, Eva, Kaitlyn, Jen, Noah, Kaylie and Liliana) to LuLuLemon. And they patiently waited as I tried on 25 different outfits- all of which did NOT fit. Stupid LuluLemon. Whatever, Walmart workout clothes will work just as well. I guess.

Quick side note- I am going to join a fitness club! Yay me! A month after I had Kaitlyn I was 1 pound away from my pre-preg weight. Then, it just starting piling back on, pound after pound, and now I am 10 pounds away. Apparently, my metabolism has finally slowed down, and I am now a normal person who has to workout and watch what I eat.

Back to the vacation- we headed back to Canmore after our Banff excursion. Eva actually fell asleep in the car, and amazingly went back to sleep after it took forever to sort out getting into our new condo room (we had to move down the hall). It was SO good that she napped, although it turned out to still not be a long enough nap, since she woke up for dinner grumpy, and stayed grumpy until bed-time. Sigh, 2-year olds.

But, we all still had fun. Jen came over to our condo that evening, and we had a blast trying out her BeautiControl stuff. Kaylie and I tried out a lip mask...



and lots of other great products. One day, when I am rich, I will buy it all.

Our trip back today went pretty smooth. We got up at 6 am (Alberta time) and got home around 6 pm (BC time). We stopped at McD's for lunch (Eva's new favourite restaurant, where she only eats Ketchup and ice cream)

and then had one minor back-seat meltdown when we were 1-hour from home. It only lasted 10 minutes, and ended with both of them sound asleep until we pulled into our driveway.

Vacation is fun, but it's so good to be home :)
 
posted by Teresa at 8:07 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger Bloggy Mama

    Gotta love family!

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh, man! You guys are brave! We don't really travel anywhere with Avelyn, since she's always a brute when we do!
    Glad to hear that my girl's not the only one whose favourite foods are ice cream and ketchup. :)
    You'll look back on this family vacation and smile at the good times, I'm sure.

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Kristin

    Ahh traveling with little kids is always an adventure! Sounds like you had fun though. :)

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    i'm glad your trip went well and you had some fun :)
    don't you find that even though holidays are great it makes you appreciate being back in your familiar home afterwards?

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger Unknown

    glad to hear that your vacation went so well ;) Its great that you are joining a gym (though you looked great when I saw you!!) its always good to stay in shape ~ good luck ~ hopefully I can stay on track this summer and lose some of those extra pounds as well.

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Sounds like loads of fun! Glad you had a good time and these pictures are gorgeous!

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Jen Wilson

    It was SO great to see you and spend time with you!!!