Monday, November 03, 2008
Katy-Kaitlyn
We named her Kaitlyn, and the plan was to call her by her full name until she grew into a "Kate". But, then she somehow got tagged with the nickname "Katy-Kaitlyn", I think from a song I made up that went something like this:

Katy-Katy-Kaitlyn
Boom Boom
Katy-Katy-Kaitlyn
Katy-Kaitlyn..

Ok, so you have no idea what the song sounds like, but maybe Eva can sing it for you sometime. It's one of her favourites.

Anyway, Nich started shortening "Katy-Kaitlyn" to, of course, "Katy". Much to my shagrin. But, the last few days, I've been catching myself about to do the exact same thing. Except, if Nich is listening, I correct myself by elongating it to her original nickname. Like "Katy-(short pause)yyyy-Kaitlyn". And then I nervously look over at him to see if he noticed. I've only been caught once.

But, I think I just need to admit it. She's a Katy. She giggles like a Katy, looks like a Katy, and is just, generally, a happy Katy-type baby.

I'm still on the fence, but I'm leaning towards caving in on this one. Although, I reserve the right to change my mind at anytime- I think we just might start calling her "Katy".
 
posted by Teresa at 2:12 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Jen Wilson

    It's funny how we call our children things that we never thought we would. I'll just have to agree with you on the Katy thing, but she SURE LOOKS LIKE HER DADDY! (but feminine;])

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Ya know, in the end it almost doesn't matter what you call her now, because at some point when she is older - she will pick her own name! We all did....

    AR

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Bloggy Mama

    We have a multi nicknamed girl, too. I wonder what will stick when she gets to school??

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Vered

    Looks like a Katy to me.

    :-)

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Unknown

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Unknown

    removed last post due to my poor spelling abilities =P

    anywho, i think little kid nick-names are cute -- I had a ton when I was little but none of them relaly stuck.