Saturday, August 30, 2008
I have moved around a lot in my life. Born near Vancouver, BC- my family moved to Pennsylvania when I finished Grade 3. We stayed there for about 4 years, and moved back to the west side of the continent again- near Seattle just as I was starting the 7th grade. This is where I have lived the longest, and where most of my "childhood" memories are.

I stuck around there until I left for Bible School in New Zealand when I was 19. That's where I met Nich, and also where things got a lot more complicated.

After one year abroad, I moved back in with my parents...for about 3 weeks. Then moved to Bellingham, so I could be closer to Nich (who lived just north of the border in Surrey). After one year there, I moved to Lynden (even closer to the border, yay!!). And after a few months there, I immigrated back to Canada and moved in with my parents (so my Canadian-ness would be all settled and such by the time of the wedding), who had by then moved to Nanaimo.

Have I lost you yet? I know, it's getting so complicated, it's boring.

After one month in Nanaimo, Nich and I tied the knot in Victoria, and moved to White Rock, BC (right on the beach, beeeautiful).

Living there only a few short months, we purchased our first home, a condo in Langley City. And now I am sure I have completely bored you, but the story pretty much stops there. We've bought and sold a couple times since then (In just 3 years. I know! Stay in one spot! How hard is it?)

All that being said, I do have a point. I am used to to being the one who's moving. Not the one who is being moved away from.

Our good friends, the Dykstra's, have moved to Summerland. And I am so happy for them, because it does sound like such a wonderful town, and they have some great oppurtunities there, and family and friends (and lots of cool blogging ladies too).

But, seriously, I am bummed. After we packed up there stuff this morning, and went to a wonderful birthday party (Happy 1 year, Elliott!), I came home, changed in my sweatpants and cried "woe is me" the rest of the day.

I will really miss my friend. And Eva is already asking where Caleb is (how does she know?).

I am so bummed. I really need some chocolate. And a latte. And a hug.
 
posted by Teresa at 8:23 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Yes - having your friends move away totally sucks!!!! I am sorry. You guys should write real letters and send real cards every once in a while -- they are so much better.

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger Bloggy Mama

    So sorry that you two have been separated. Closeby friends are so wonderful.

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I feel your pain. My good friend, Christy, just moved from Summerland to Alberta and it took weeks before I wouldn't cry when driving past her old house. It's so hard. But as I've said before, you guys would fit in perfectly here in Summerland! :)
    Hope you feel better soon.

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger Jen Wilson

    I'm so sorry! I wish I could come there and give you a hug (and some chocolate and a latte!) I'm sure your phone bill is going to sky rocket!

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Kristin

    :( Sorry you are sad.
    Now you'll have a great reason to holiday in Summerland though. :)

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    aw teresa, that made me cry! they were such great friends to you guys. and kids are so smart, hey?
    you're welcome to call me and hang out with me as much as you can handle, you're always welcome, though i know it won't quite be the same without jennifer and her boys. feel better soon!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Aw, that's so sad for you guys. I have been there. But I'm happy to have the other Dykstras nearby.

    We'd love to have you come and visit, though. I'd love to meet you!