It was an extra exciting day for her, since her best buds, Caleb and Daniel slept over the night before. So, she got to see them before heading off for her first day. I had to fight back tears the whole drive to school. I think I was more nervous than she was. I really didn't think I would be a crier. But, it's just so emotional. When the heck did she get so stinkin' big? I blinked and the next thing I know she's going to school. Sigh.
When we got there we found the Kindergarten door right away. All the kids were hanging onto the pantlegs of their parents, even Eva was extra shy and clingy. I was sure it would be a problem getting her to go in the classroom. But, lo and behold, the school bell rang, and the teacher opened the door and said "Good morning, Kindergartens!!! Come on in!"
And, with that simple announcement, she let go of my pants, and without looking back, she was the one and only child who bolted through the classroom door.
The teacher then told the parents to give one last hug and kiss to their kids. And, I was standing there alone, the only parent without a kid to hug and kiss. I wondered over to the door, and called Eva's name. And asked her to at least wave goodbye to me. She was so busy exploring the new classroom, she turned around for about 0.5 seconds, gave me a shruggy wave, and went on her way.
Well, that wasn't how I envisioned the Kindergarten goodbye all those years. But, I was ecstatic. I was so happy for her that she was confident, excited and strong. What an amazing girl. I am so proud of her.


So awesome! Kaylie was the same way in Kindergarten - went right in without a hesitation.
I can't believe she's so old either! So crazy how fast time goes. I hope the rest of her year is just as fantastic. :)