Tuesday, September 01, 2009
Afternoon at the Zoo
We got a zoo membership from my parents for Christmas this year- so we get to explore the Zoo lots! Which Eva is pretty pleased about. Here are some pics of our Sunday afternoon adventure...



Kaitlyn got snug and cozy in the backpack. She lasted about 3/4's of the time in there, but insisted on walking the last bit...which made things interesting.


Here is the giraffe, my personal favourite...



I would love to know what they are looking at here. Eva looks amazed, and my Mom looks a little freaked out. I think this is where the Lions and Tigers (and bears, oh my! sorry couldn't help myself) were hangin' out, but I'm not sure. And in the background, Papa is taking a picture of Nich & Kaitlyn...



Looking at the Wallabies in this picture. I love wallabies. Did I ever tell you about the time when one hopped up and hugged me? True story.



She's so cuuuute. I want about five-thousand more babies when I look at pictures like these. I just want to pinch those pudgey, little cheeks.



Me and Kate-kins...



Papa and Kaitlyn playing around...


Eva loved walking the railroad tracks while we were there...


It was a fun trip. A welcome escape from the craziness of the basement renovation. Only one more week, and then it will be done! And three more weeks until we bring home Gisborne!! September might turn out to be an ok month after all.
 
posted by Teresa at 1:16 PM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Bloggy Mama

    Very fun. Also, I love your hat.

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Jen Wilson

    That is a GREAT idea for a Christmas present!!! Looks amazing.

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    now i want to go to the zoo too. looks fun :)
    yesss, post that cute picture of kaitlyn on your computer desktop so you feel like having five-thousand more babies all the time.

     
  • At 4:47 AM, Blogger Kristin

    Oh the zoo! I miss the zoo!
    Thanks for the happy reminder of home. :)

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Chelsey

    the zoo..i wish we could take Maya to the zoo...we'll have to come for a visit sometime soon :)

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    How fun! Can't wait to see you next week. Your bringing the girls to the mall, right?

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Teresa

    Yep, they're comin' too!! I'm SO excited to see you :)

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    yay! I can't wait to see your girls! I haven't seen Eva since she was so tiny! And Daisy is really excited to meet them too. I told her that she will be able to hang out with Eva at the mall (she was asking about our trip and what we were going to be doing while we were in WA. She made the comment that she wasn't going to have anyone to play with, and I told her about Eva and going to the mall, and she got excited to make a new friend). I think that is the only time while we are in WA that she will have someone close to her age to play with. So she keeps asking me about her. I hope they click. Anyway, I am counting down the days!

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Montana

    I think you SHOULD have more babies because you do such a cute job!:) Maybe not five thousand...but several more would be good!
    Carolyn