Blows me away.
I went out for a 'Girl's Night' last night, to a Vancouver Giants hockey game. Eva really wanted to come too, and kept asking about it all day long.
This morning, at the breakfast table, she looked at me, and in her big-girl voice asked:
"What was your favourite part of the hockey game last night, Mom?"
WHOA, that sentence is amazing for a myriad of reasons:
1. I think that's the longest sentence she's ever spoken
2. She actually cares about my night? I thought all children (myself included) only cared about themselves and no one else until the age, oh i dunno, 19 or so...? (Now, I'm wondering, maybe it was only me. Maybe I am the only child who never asked her Mom how her night was. Sorry, Mom!)
3. She calls me Mom now? What happened to Mommy!?
4. She actually remembered the previous evening's events
5. I didn't know she even knew what the phrase 'last night' meant
My goodness, how old is she anyway?


Crazy! She'll never cease to amaze you.