Saturday, June 21, 2008
Camping
We went on our first family camping trip this weekend- and it was a great success. I was super worried about how it would all go- with sharing a small tent and all, but the girls were absolute angels. Kaitlyn only woke up once during the night. And Eva slept great and even took a 2-hour afternoon nap in the tent. It was heavenly.

Not only was the camping trip loads of fun (playing games, roasting smores, swimming in the pool, etc.)- the trip down went flawlessly as well. With our Nexus passes in hand, we flew past the 1-hour border lineups, while Eva happily watched Veggie Tales on our newly purchased DVD player, and Kaitlyn snoozed. It was so quiet in the backseat, Nich and I were able to carry on an actual conversation.

I know. Amazing. Refreshing. Why did we wait so long to purchase this miracle machine? Portable DVD players are my new favourite thing.

Anyways, I don't think the trip could've gone any better. (oh, well except for the fact that Nich bought a Twin air mattress instead of a Queen, and we left the firewood purchased at the grocery store in the cart. but, really, minor hiccups).

How about some camping pictures...



We packed light except for the true essentials. All the supplies required for making the morning cup of coffee: Camp Stove, Pot, French Press, Starbucks coffee mugs, coffee grinds, coffee cream, sugar, and a spoon.







All in all, we can't wait to go back. This camping thing might become a Braam family tradition.
 
posted by Teresa at 10:11 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger Jen Wilson

    Good for you guys! I'm so glad you had a great time, and I hope it does become a family tradition for you.

    I always loved camping when we were growing up.

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Bloggy Mama

    Love it! We love camping, too. But, pardon me, pool?? Where were you camping?

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Chelsey

    looks like fun!

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Kristin

    Looks like a fun time! :)

    And yes portable DVD players are AWESOME!!!!

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    that looks like a lot of fun! camping doesn't sound so bad when there's a pool, even i could handle that i think!
    i've heard that portable dvd players are a dream to have on trips, plane rides as well as car rides. i'm glad that it all worked out so well, hanging out with family with none of the distractions of house cleaning ;)

     
  • At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Camping is the bomb! So glad your first as a family campout went so well. DVD players are very nice for long trips with kids. I think it has been a life saver for me with Daisy flying back and forth to WA and road trips to other places. And Veggie Tales rocks! I tried to get Daisy to watch them about a year ago, but she was too interested in Dora to care about those movies, but just recently (about two weeks ago) I introduced them to her again because she was having nightmares, and now all she wants to watch are the "vegatables". Oh, and I would never have said that your baby looks like she is six months old. That is a little out there. She sure is cute!!!

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Unknown

    how much fun! was that at the family camp grounds??? I remember some fun camping trips there =)