Designing a baby boy nursery was so much fun! A little difficult being that I had pretty much no decorating budget to work with...but we re-used, got creative and, well, Nich is pretty much amazing. And, I have to say, I feel pretty accomplished pulling this off on a dime.
The details:
Wainscoting- Nich installed this beautiful stuff almost 2 years ago, when we moved in (side note: aren't you proud of us? living somewhere for more than a year? a record!)
Crown Moulding- Nich had this leftover from a job, yay, so pretty! And, he installed it so fast, he's my Superman.
Box Valance- Nich built a wooden frame, stapled foam around it, then stapled fabric around it. I painted some oversized buttons with leftover blue paint. The fabric was cut from some curtains left here by the previous owners.
Crib, Bedding, etc- We've had this since Eva was born
Big Star- Ohh, I've loved these since I spotted them in a Pottery Barn catalogue. So, I was tickled when I saw these at Michaels for $7. Score! A little chocolate spray paint, and voila! The room is now stylin'.
Frames with Letter Initials- Yep, we are (probably) naming our boy something that starts with a T. So, there's your hint. There are two names we have it narrowed down to, and they both start with that letter. We are leaning towards one, but we want to meet the little guy first. Anyhow, this project was almost free, too. I spent a couple dollars on fancy paper at Michaels, and had these Ikea frames lying around the house. I downloaded a font I liked, then we traced, cut and glued. Easy peasy.
Pillow on Rocking Chair- my Mom sewed some new adorable fabric over an old pillow we had. You can't see it, but it's really cute, with trucks and cars all over it. Thanks Mom!
Pictures above dresser- Clearance bin score at Babies R Us
Big wooden truck on dresser- Thrift store score, $1.99 baby!
Knit blanket on rocking chair- My sweet Grandma made this for me last year, for Christmas. I adore it, and since the colours match this room perfectly, this will be it's home for awhile. I'm looking forward to snuggling up with this blanket, and cozily rocking a newborn on this chair (also given to us by her, when Eva was born).
Change table- I couldn't fit it in the picture, but Nich built this when Kaitlyn was born. It was pink, so we re-painted it chocolate brown, and bought a soft, fleecy chocolate cover for the changing pad.
And, that's the room! I am so thankful that I have such a handy guy as my husband. And, I'm tickled that with a little imagination, some clearance bin scrounging and a lot of recycling, we created a welcoming, warm nursery on a budget.
So pretty! You guys did an awesome job! :)