Wow, kids learn a TON in Kindergarten these days. I remember learning/struggling with singing the ABC song and tying my shoes. But, reading and writing? That waited for at least 1st grade. But, I guess they're ready. Cuz, Kindergartner Eva is blowing me away. I had no idea she knew the sounds of all the letters, and that she could attempt to write words just by hearing them.
Here is her very first reading/writing homework sheet.

And, there are a couple dozen flashcards of words (common ones like is, the, and, yes, no, etc) that we go over every day. She knows about half the words (which I had NO idea she knew any words), and she's working on the other half very well. She's always excited to do her homework (hope that lasts!) and she's just such a quick, happy learner. I'm so proud of her.


Aww!! It's CRAZY how quickly they learn - Kaylie's always surprising me as well.
Go Eva!!