but this girl's beauty blows me away.
And she's not just beautiful on the outside, but on the inside as well. She is sweet, caring and gushes out love on her Dad and I. She is constantly telling her Daddy that he's her "hereo" (rhymes with 'cheerio'- it's her way of saying 'hero'. it's so cute, i can't correct her.) And, she told her Daddy to write this in my Mother's Day card:
Happy Mothers Day-giving (sort of like Thanksgiving I assume :)
And cotton candy for Mommy too and I love you and sing some songs and love you. And remembering her for the first day of school and so much. And that's it.
Love Eva
She also entered a colouring contest at our local grocery store for Mother's Day. She had to draw a picture of herself and I, and then describe why she had the best Mom in the world. This is what she said:
'Because she cuddles and snuggles. And loves me. And mops the floor very nicely.'
I'm not so sure what I think about the last part. At first I laughed, because it was cute in all its randomness. But, now I'm wondering if I clean the house too much. Will she look back and remember a Mom that snuggled half the time and cleaned the other half? And is that ok?
But, I guess most of us Mothers second-guess ourselves, wondering if we're getting it all wrong. And, then we look at our kids, and how wonderful they are, and we have to conclude that maybe, just maybe, we're doing something right.
And, that's my insight for the day. My very lame day, may I add. It involved being locked out of the house with my girls for half the day, and then everything after that was just as lame. So, yes, I am looking forward to tomorrow.
Actually, I am looking forward to ten minutes from now, when I will have the kids tucked in bed and my dear, sweet husband comes home with our Dairy Queen Buster Bars. Because chocolate and ice cream makes everything better.

She is SO sweet!
I think you're an AMAZING mom!! Your kids will be (and probably ARE already) thankful that they have a mom who cared so much about the environment they grew up in. I've seen you mother your girls and I can't tell you any way that you could do it better.
They're proof.
xoxo