At 7:41 AM, Jen Wilson
This helps me a TON in the whole photo-organizing thing, so I thought I'd share it with you. When I upload my photos from my camera they are saved in files by date taken. At the end of every month I set aside about 30 minutes to go through my files, delete any pictures that need it, and then rename my files with the date as well as a bit of information to help identify the pictures. Then I make a master file that I save by month (i.e. March 2010). Lastly, I go through my files once more to copy any of my favorite images to a file I call "highlights". This file stays on my main hardrive while the rest of the photos I move to my external drives. These highlight folders are so awesome for quickly being able to find my favorite shots from each month, or to remind me of what we did as a family that month.
This little time every month has been so helpful to me in my long-term storage of those millions of shots I take every year!
At 5:02 PM, Bloggy Mama
At 1:41 PM,
SO AWESOME!!!
I really need to make baby books for the girls ....