Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Barnston Island
I love the website findfamilyfun.com, written by a Vancouver family, it lists hundreds of family-friendly activities to do around the lower mainland. On Sunday afternoon, there was one activity that stood out to me on the site- Barnston Island. According to the directions, it was only a 7 minute drive from our house. Which, I found hard to believe, because I had never heard of it before. But, it was true! We just breezed up the main road by our house, and in no time, we were there.

A quaint, little island- home to only a few farms, you have to take a little ferry over the Fraser to get there. It was a wonderful time! The girls loved every second of the 5 minute ferry ride, and Nich and I loved the walk around the island. It was beautiful, peaceful, and rejuvenating. What a great day! Here are some pictures.

Photobucket




Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket
 
posted by Teresa at 7:10 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger ramblin'andie

    I'm so glad you posted about this. I used to use Find Family Fun all the time, then somehow forgot about it. AND I've never been to Barnston Island either! Is that little tug the ferry?

    PS I'm just loving your pictures lately!

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Teresa

    Yep, the tug pushes the barge that's next to it. It holds about 4 cars and a few people. It was so fun! You should definitely check it out with your fam sometime :)

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Kristin

    Huh, I had no idea that place existed either.
    Love the pictures, and those oh so familiar mountains. :)
    Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Bloggy Mama

    Awesome. I'm running a site similar to that, where I live. That's the goal, though... what fun! It looks like an awesome time!

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger Unknown

    looks so nice =) makes me think of taking the ferry to jetty island in everett ... love those local finds! so great that it is only minutes from your house too!!!