Friday, June 19, 2009
Car-ride conversation
This morning, we were driving in the car, and came upon a big amount of constuction. Eva was so excited, she was clapping and bouncing up and down in her car seat. Our conversation went like this...

Eva: Wow, oh wow! Are those diggers?

Me: Yep, looks like it.

Eva: Wowwwww. You can have the small digger. And I can have the mid-size digger. Ok?

Mid-size? Where does she come up with this stuff? I guess she's her Father's daughter!

Just a couple minutes later, during the same car-ride, we were telling "Knock Knock" jokes. We would take turns starting the joke & answering it, and then we'd all laugh. After a few rounds, she decided she just wanted to tell the joke just to herself, and asked if I would be quiet. I complied. And she proceeded to tell herself a joke very quietly...

Eva: Knock Knock. Who's there? Sticky! Sticky Who? Sticky Glue all over you!...... Hmmmm, nobody is laughing. People are supposed to laugh when I tell a joke. Hmmmmm...nobody's laughing, why isn't anyone laughing?

Poor Eva. I gave her a courtesy laugh just because she's so cute.
 
posted by Teresa at 2:43 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Jen Wilson

    haha! What a clever little girl!

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    i laughed, eva, i laughed!

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Kristin

    Your car ride sounds similar to some of our car rides. The stuff they come up with is just so funny, I love it!