Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Sick kids
I am kinda to the point where I may never bring my kids to a playground again. Last month, when I was at our neighbourhood park, a girl walked up to Eva and coughed in her face. Sure enough, 48 hours later, Eva was sick....and 24 hours after that, Kaitlyn was sick.

Last week, we went to another park and Eva got sick again...and as she was playing with her sister, she sneezed in her face, and lo and behold, we've had a really (i mean really) sick baby since Saturday night. This is no ordinary cold. We have been resorting to pacing the hallways, rocking and singing (sooo 5 months ago) just to get her to sleep. I know some people have kids that actually sleep when they are sick- we do not. They wake up coughing 15 minutes into their naps (and, yes, we're doing the humidifier trick), they get up all throughout the night, and wake up early.

I am so tired.

And I'm all for kids getting the occasional cold, to build up their immune system, etc etc. But, I am not a fan of sick babies. They are just SO little. I want to put a protective bubble around Kaitlyn, at least until she's 1.

And if anyone has tricks to soothe sore throats for babies, let me know.

Oh, and to end this post on a positive note, at least Nich and I haven't gotten sick yet (we can thank the Zinc (and God!) for that).
 
posted by Teresa at 8:21 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Kristin

    :( I hope you cute sickies feel better soon.

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger jfur

    try dipping a soother in gripe water.... that's my only suggestion.

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Jen Wilson

    Wow! Sorry dude! I hope your baby feels better VERY soon so that you can sleep!!