I got a package in the mail today. It makes it even more exciting that I had to pack Eva up, and drive to the post office get it. As I was signing my name for the package, I took a peek at the return address.
United States Consulate General
American Citizen Service Unit
What we've been waiting for! We will find out if Eva is officially a United States Citizen.
Now, I'm kinda nervous, because I had to send in so much paperwork to back up my "claim" for Eva having a right to US citizenship. They wanted my work records, school records, college trascripts, and ... the toughie, Grade School Report Cards! Well, thank heavens my Dad keeps everything, and I had my Pennsylvania Report Cards for Grades 4-6. Unfortunately, I never kept any of my report cards from Middle School or High School. So, I sent in what I had, half-expecting a big, fat red "REJECTED" stamp on her application.
But, lo and behold, I tore open the package, to find an official (drumroll please):
United States of America
Consular Report of Birth Abroad
of a Citizen of the United States of America
Eva is officially a citizen of the good ol' USA. Now we just have to work on Nich..

Crazy! I didn't know that you are American?!