Monday, April 19, 2010
Diet Day 2
Well, the first day of our first ever diet is complete. And, we did pretty good. And, I'm feeling pretty darn good, too. I followed the menu plan exactly, without cheating or snacking...until about 7:30pm when someone brought over the most amazing crab dip in the history of all crab dips- which I enjoyed way too much of. But, other than that little oopsie, it was a perfect diet day.

Now, onto Day 2!

Tuesday:

Breakfast
1 slice sprouted-grain bread, toasted

Yogurt Parfait:
1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 cup sliced mango
2 Tbsp sliced almonds
Grated lime zest, to taste

1. In a glass bowl or tall glass, alternate layers of yogurt and fruit. Top with almonds and a sprinkle of lime zest.

Lunch
Tuna Salad Wrap:
3 oz canned water-packed tuna, drained
1 tsp light mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 whole-grain wrap
1 handful mixed greens

1. In a small bowl, combine the tuna, mayo, mustard and celery. Place tuna mixture on wrap and top with greens.

1 medium apple

Afternoon snack
1 cup cantaloupe chunks

Dinner
No more boring chicken!

Chicken with Cilantro & Lime:
1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
1 Tbsp honey
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
4 oz chicken breast

1. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, lime juice and cilantro. Pour this mixture over the chicken breast and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
2. Discard marinade. Grill or broil the chicken for 6 to 8 minutes per side until it’s cooked through.

1 cup steamed spinach

Total daily nutrition: 1,144 cal, 74 g pro, 150 g car, 23 g fiber, 28 g fat (4 g sat fat), 1,145 mg sod

I am especially excited about the dinner- cilantro and lime? My favourites!! Why didn't I ever think of combining those with a chicky? My mouth is already watering.

Also, I would like to add that I'm pretty sure I achieved some sort of 'hero of dieting' status this morning. Kaitlyn woke up at 5:20am, so I promptly got up (okay, there was a little grumbling involved), went to the kitchen, and started preparing our packed lunches and healthy breakfast. That's right, folks. By the time 6:45 rolled around, lunches were packed, lattes' were made (skinny of course!), and we were chowing down on scrambled eggs and toast.

Here goes hoping Diet Day 2 is just as successful- although I am really hoping for a later wake-up call tomorrow...5:20 is just not cool.

 
posted by Teresa at 9:54 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 4:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Kudos to you! Personally, I need at least 500 more calories a day to maintain my energy and weight. Auntie Jo

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Bloggy Mama

    Well done and good luck on day 2!

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Unknown

    nice - the meal plans sound delicious =)