Wednesday, January 13, 2010
A real update
The whole reason I started blogging, was to have an online family journal of our activities, thoughts, and other stuff we'd like to remember. And to help keep us in touch and up-to-date with friends and family.


For a myriad of reasons (got busy, health issues, and the fact that I still suffer from "mommy brain") I have let the blog go a bit. And, although I'm not wholeheartedly commiting to blogging more frequently, I sure might try. And, I'll start with this.

What's new:

Kaitlyn was a late talker, but in the past couple months, her vocabulary has exploded.

She not only says hundreds of single words now, but is starting to amaze us with phrases. Like today, Eva broke out into tears in the other room. Kaitlyn comes running to her side and asks "You ok Eva?" (now, it came out sounding more like "Oo a-kay Eeya?" But, nevertheless, that is a crazy phrase to put together) I am amazed.

Eva wants to go to Kindergarten so badly.


Which is fantastic, because a year ago, I was totally unsure if I should "hold her back" (since she's a December baby) or start her "early". We do a Preschool workbook almost every day while Kaitlyn is napping, and she is breezing through it. Lately, she's been learning 'Right and Left', and the difference between Capital and Lower Case letters. Fun stuff!

Nich has started a building code class at BCIT. He is loving it. I am loving that he loves it. But I don't so much love that on Wednesday, it is just me and the girls from wake-up time to bed-time, with a little dinner break in between. I am making the best of it, though. I try to make these days special and fun (a little less concentration on the chores, a little more concentration on playing). Today, we built a cardboard house, and then when that got boring- a cardboard slide. Hours of entertainment.

And, my update? Well, I'm enjoying my new breadmaker (making a fresh loaf every other day, yum!) I'm enjoying my girls. I'm enjoying this new house. There are things I'm not enjoying (like, the amount of bookkeeping that I'm behind on. i'm drowning in it. i need a lifejacket) but, I won't go on about that. Because, really, one day I'm going to make this blog into one of those memory books, and I'd like to remember only the heart-warming, fun things.

And, that's it for now.
 
posted by Teresa at 7:47 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    i love when you blog.
    and i love this line to this current blog: "I sure might try" :)

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Crescent Louise

    I read your blog all the time & giggle. Your life is so different than mine. It keeps me in perspective of what could be, how love matters, & how the simple things in life are always the best. Keep up your hard Mommy work & your blogging! :)

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Unknown

    love hearing about your fam - can't believe how fast the girls are growing up and I'm sure you will love having this to look back on =)

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Bloggy Mama

    I also love it when you blog. Peace to you and your fam.