Sunday, January 31, 2010
The Girls' Rooms
This is the very first time we've moved into a new house, and have left the girls rooms un-decorated. It's been driving me bonkers (some of you are familiar with Kaitlyn's trident-green room and puppy dog border), but I've had little time or energy to do anything about it. These days, though, the holidays are over, my kids are healthy again, and work is getting more manageable. And, most importantly, we have a huge Ikea gift card to spend, so that really kicked me into gear.

I bought a beautiful quilt from Pottery Barn for Eva's room a couple years ago. I don't have a picture of it, but it has pink, yellow and white rugby stripes. Here is the concept board for her surfing theme room, compiled with accessories from Pottery Barn and Etsy:

The surfboard is 5 ft tall, and will be hung with rope from the ceiling. The beach pictures are 8x10 prints from Etsy. The starfish hung on a rope, is an original etsy design as well. We're painting her room a pale yellow. And, Nich (my hero!) has eagerly volunteered to put in gorgeous, white wainscoting.

And, Kaitlyn's room will have an owl theme. Who can resist the cuteness of the Pottery Barn owls? If money grew on trees, I would take the easy, breezy route, and decorate her whole room in the Pottery Barn Kids Brooke theme. But, instead, I will be budget-conscious and have way more fun. I will order the cute stuffed owl and throw pillow from P Barn, and cheaply imitate the rest. The flower duvet set is on clearance at PB Teen right now. The owl pictures are 8x10 prints from Etsy. The big girl bed is from Ikea. And, I'll attempt to make "flower balls" myself, and hang them with ribbon from the ceiling.

This, my friends, is going to be fun.
 
posted by Teresa at 7:00 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger Unknown

    looks like it is going to be super cute!! enjoy

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Sounds like fun, cute ideas.

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    adorable, i love them both! i should post my ideas for new baby's room too for you to see :)

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger Teresa

    Katie- yes, please do!!

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Deanna

    Love it all! You've totally inspired me to start dreaming about the girls room over here. I'm thinking butterflies right now...so if you run across anything in your research!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Bloggy Mama

    It sounds and looks fabulous. Enjoy yourself!!

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Bonnie

    It all sounds incredible! And I agree... totally fun! Can't wait to see how it all looks in the end. Enjoy the projects!