Wednesday, December 09, 2009
Birthday letter to Eva
Eva, oh Eva, I can't believe you are four years old. Over this past year, you have grown into such a beautiful young girl, with a beautiful, loving heart.

I enjoy spending time with you. Your Daddy asked me what I enjoyed most about life right now, and I honestly thought of spending time with you. It blows me away how I can have "big" conversations with you now. And, I love baking cookies with you in the kitchen. And, watching the "shows" you put on almost every morning. You arrange all the chairs in the house in a row, and ask for the audience to sit down. Then you get up on the pretend stage and perform a song and dance. It's hilarious. And, I always ask for an encore, and you always come up with another cute song.


I'm pretty sure you're going to be famous one day (although I'm sure every parent thinks this of their own child). It's just that you are the package deal- you are gorgeous, you are an amazing singer, you love to show off in front of a crowd- it's only your dance moves that could use some work (this is fully my fault, you learned your cheesy dance moves from me). This Sunday you are going to be in your first play, you are an Angel in the Christmas production at church. You are REALLY excited, and even though no one has taught you the lines yet, you fake your part (along with the older girls) with excitement and enthusiasm. I might just break down in sobs of joy and pride when I see you up there on Sunday- I'll be sure to brink Kleenex.



I love your big heart and how you show your sister, your friends, your grandparents, cousins, and of course, your parents how much you love them. You are often first to be at your sister's side when she falls, and you ask her if she's okay. You love talking to your grandparents, aunts and great-grandma on the phone. And, you always make sure everyone knows that you love them. This morning, when I snuggled you on my lap, I said "You are my very special birthday girl" And, you replied, "You are MY special birthday girl too, Mom".



And, every night, when I tuck you in bed, we have the same heart-warming arguement.

Me: Goodnight, sweetie. I love you.

You: I love you more.

Me: I love you the mostest.

You: I love YOU the mostest.

And, then I blow you a kiss and you catch it. And, I look forward to the next day I get to spend with you.

I don't know why I am so lucky to be your Mom. You are the sweetest girl, and I am loving every minute of watching you grow.

 
posted by Teresa at 9:15 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Kristin

    What a sweetheart!

    Hope she had a really happy birthday. :)

    Also I love the first 2 pics of her, she has such pretty hair too.

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    aww, eva!
    happy birthday eva, thank you for being a great friend to elliott :)

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Jen Wilson

    Happy Birthday Eva! I can't believe you're FOUR already! Wow! I hope you had an amazing day, and don't forget to wish your mom a Happy Birthday tomorrow!

    ps. You'll learn this very quickly about me. I never send gifts on time. Look for yours in the mail soon though.

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Bloggy Mama

    Happy Birthday Eva. Aren't four-year-olds wonderful??? Love her.

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com

    Happy birthday to your beautiful girl; I hope she had a great one =)

    I love that second picture of her. She's adorable!