Friday, November 06, 2009
Katy-kins
This little girl is almost 19 months old. I can't believe it! She is so sweet, and her adorable pigtails just kill me.



Some Kaitlyn highlights:

-She says "Eva" now, just like Caleb used to say it- "Eeya"

-She climbs on everything

-She still ends most mealtimes by throwing either food or her cup on the floor. This happens no matter we do. We tried disciplining, we tried ignoring, we tried gently reminding, and we try catching things before they fly to the air. All to no avail.

-She loves saying "E-I-E-I-O" and once, when she was happy about something, she raised her hands in the air and proclaimed "YAY! E-I-E-I-O!"

-Instead of time-out around here, we do "nose-on-the-wall" (which is the same thing as time out, really). Eva gets sent to put her nose on the wall every once in awhile, and Kaitlyn thinks this is too funny, and comes up beside Eva and puts her nose on the wall too. Then, they both burst out laughing...and I do too, because, really, it's just hilarious. (and, no, i'm not always a pushover, i'm just telling you the funny stories)

-If I'm ever in a semi-reclining position on the couch, she'll climb on my lap and ask for a horsey ride.

-When her Daddy comes home from work at the end of the day, she runs to the door, yells "DADDYYY" and greets him with a huge hug. Nich says it's his favourite time of day.

She's a very sweet girl, and we just love her to pieces.

 
posted by Teresa at 12:34 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Bloggy Mama

    I completely adore that sweater!!

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Deanna

    Our worship pastor at church describes raising hands in worship like when a daughter runs with her arms up high into the waiting embrace of her returning daddy. Darin says he totally gets both experiences differently after hearing that comment.

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Unknown

    totally adorable - love the pigtails and the sweater. your girlz always look so cute!

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    aww, nich's favorite time of day! that's adorable!
    and from now on when i'm excited about something i'm going to say "yay! e-i-e-i-o!"