Friday, March 27, 2009
The sleep factor
Kaitlyn has been sleeping like a miracle baby. For the last 4 nights, she's either slept through the night (waking up for the day around 6:30am) or she'll wake up to eat around 5:30 and then happily goes back to sleep until 7:30. I can't decide which I like better. It's nice that she's able to sleep through the night, but I really don't mind feeding her at 5:30, if that means we all get to sleep in a bit more.

Anyways, it's been nice. And I'm soaking it up for all it's worth, and enjoying every second of middle-of-the-night sleep, because I know it won't last. I'm fighting quite the stubborn cold, which means very soon, I'll have two sick kids (despite all the maniac hand-washing). And, well, my kids don't sleep when they're sick. They require around-the-clock care, rocking, singing and cuddling, even if they just have a stuffy nose.

So, I just wanted to blog, for the record, that I got 4 good nights of sleep in a row. So, that next week, when I can barely keep my eyes open, and my head is pounding from sleep deprivation, I have proof that everything is just a phase. And it won't be long until we all will sleep through the night again.
 
posted by Teresa at 12:44 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Jen

    Next thing you know it they'll be school-age and you'll miss the middle-of-the-night mommy-fest :)

    I hope, for your sake and theirs, that your kids DON'T get sick!!

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Bloggy Mama

    Yay sleep!!