Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Heartbeat
Just got back from my second Dr's appointment. We got to hear the heartbeat! I was totally going to bring my camera, and get it on video, but I forgot. And it wouldn't have worked anyway, cuz Eva screamed the entire time. But, it was amazing, and I'm super looking forward to my ultrasound in 4 weeks.

I chatted a bit about birth with my Doctor. Just to make sure he was on board with the plan. He's totally cool with natural birth- no drugs. And that makes me happy. I really want to have my birth be as natural as possible. I believe God created women to be able to birth perfectly, without intervention (most of the time, i realize there are exceptions). And I believe I'm capable of doing this.

In the perfect world, I would want a home birth. But, two things are keeping me from going that route:
a) I have a great Doctor
b) What if the baby needs immediate medical attention? I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something went wrong that could've been fixed had we been at the hospital.

So, the plan is to labour at home as long as possible (I keep on having dreams/nightmares about giving birth in the car on the way to the hospital- another reason homebirth would be nice) and to head to the hospital for the very last of it.

So, yah, enough about birth. I really should give myself a break from worrying about it. It's still 6 months away.

How about a picture of the little sweetie-pie doing her favourite activity- colouring!

She's so sweet. Today she said "two, three, four" which I'm sure was a complete fluke, but still incredibly cute! She also learned to Roar like a lion. And for evening entertainment, Nich and I will ask Eva what a Lion says, over and over, just to hear her "roar".

So, I think that's about it going on here. I'm going to call and make my ultrasound appointment now. Weeeeeeeeeeee.
 
posted by Teresa at 11:07 AM | Permalink |


12 Comments:


  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Kristin

    Hearing the baby's heartbeat is always so fun. :)
    We can't wait for our ultrasound either, only a week and 3 days away.
    Are you going to find out if you are having a boy or a girl?

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Jen Wilson

    Oh exciting! Hearing the heartbeat for the first time is the BEST! Homebirth ... you crazy lady! I'm so glad you have an awesome doctor - it makes the pregnancy/birth all that much more enjoyable!

    Way to go Eva!

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Chelsey

    are you going to find out the sex of the baby?

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Teresa

    nope :) nich wants it to be a surprise.

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hearing the first heartbeat NEVER gets old. Woot!

     
  • At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    oh i'm so excited for you!!!! 6 monthes is going to fly by so fast. Can't wait for little baby Braam to come =)

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Could never do natural, no way, no how. I felt the first contracion, before they got the epidural in with Daisy, and it was PAINFUL. ( I was also induced, though, and I've heard that makes it more painful) So more power to you! But second delivery is always (well, usually) easier and FASTER. Remember the last part while you are in labour at home. That would suck to have a baby in a car. Anyway, good luck with that. Are you going to post your first pic of the baby when you get your ultrasound? Hope so, can't wait to see it.

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Elizabeth

    Yay for the baby's heartbeat. What an incredible blessing it is!!!
    Have a great day!

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Elizabeth

    Yay for the baby's heartbeat. What an incredible blessing it is!!!
    Have a great day!

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Tricia

    I think it's probably smart to be at the hospital - you're right, if something happened it'd be best to have trained professionals right nearby. Though since your doctor's on board you'll probably feel like it's a home birth anyway! ;)

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger suchsimplepleasures

    i loved going to the doctor...when i was pregnant. those first few months, before you can feel the movement, hearing the heartbeat was the only reassurance i had that the pregnancy was progressing normally. it was always such a relief! plus, just getting to hear it was amazing...this child, growing inside of me...it never ceased to amaze me!
    feel great,
    melissa

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    oh my goodness if i could have delivered at home without any worries of complications i would have totally gone that route! they kept us in the hospital for 3 days and we were absolutely itching to go home! some of the nurses were helpful but not that helpful... i'm not a hospital fan.