Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Picky Eater
You may not know this, but Eva's dinner repertoire consists of three things:

-Macaroni & Cheese
-Beef Stroganoff (made with Macaroni Noodles)
-Tuna Noodle Casserole (made with- you guessed it- Macaroni Noodles)

A little over a month ago, she was JUST eating Mac & Cheese. Everything else was rejected. Tossed across the room with a look of disgust on her face. Then, i snuck in the tuna casserole. It tooks DAYS upon DAYS of unsuccesful tries- and finally she accepted it. And, now she eats it while humming "Yummmmmmmm". Finally, a few weeks ago we conquered Beef Stroganoff. It was good, we were on a roll. Soon she would be eating everything, right?

Wrong.

She is now refusing anything that isn't one of the above three meals. And, I don't want her to starve, so I usually cave in and feed her some ridiculous snack like a banana or cheese slices. But, it sucks that she isn't eating a proper meal. So what do I do?

-Quit trying, and stick with the 3 meals she'll eat?

-Be strict, and let her starve if she won't eat what's in front of her?

Or is there some in between option that I haven't thought of yet? Help!
 
posted by Teresa at 5:30 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Chelsey

    umm..i guess you can be thankful she doesnt only eat icecream :)

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Jen Wilson

    I'd just let her eat those choices until she can understand better that if she doesn't eat what's in front of her she'll go to bed hungry! But that's just me. Keep trying other things, but I wouldn't force it until she can understand better. I'm no parenting/nutrition expert though.

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Yeah, I agree...she's too little to start 'starving' her to get her to eat other things. I think you might have to resort to tricking her into it...or maybe bribing would work? I don't know...I've only got an 8 month old!

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I would just let her eat the three, and be relaxed about it. It won't last forever, even though it seem like it now.
    Grandma Karen