Thursday, February 01, 2007
It has begun...
I'm officially a "working mom". It's cool because I get to pick the days and hours I work, so I'm starting off slow. Easing into it, so it's not a shock to my system- or Eva's.

She did great today- other than the tearful goodbye. I think she'll enjoy spending the days with her best friend, Caleb. Jennifer is taking them on a walk to the park tomorrow. The baby swing is Eva's favourite thing. I'm SO thankful to leave Eva with a friend that will take such good care of her. (Thanks Jennifer!)

Well, I have lunches to make and a house to spiffy up. This "working mom" gig isn't so bad. But, I might re-evaluate that comment when I'm in over my head in a few weeks.
 
posted by Teresa at 6:18 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Jen Wilson

    Ah the life! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. It's not so bad once it becomes routine!

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Good for you! You'll get to the point where it isn't so hard to send your kid off to daycare, and you'll start to look forward to a little "break" from all the tantrums and not so fun stuff that a parent has to do all the time. It's kind of like a love/hate relationship. You love you're kid, and hate leaving her, but then again you get to have some sort of life again that doesn't involve baby talk and changing diapers, at least for a few hours of the day.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Elizabeth

    I hope that it is as fulfilling for you to be at work as it has been for me.

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    hope you enjoy the working mom thing - bet it will be nice to have a few hours with to yourself!