Sunday, January 07, 2007
Ice Skating
me: We should do something insanely fun tonight, like go ice skating.
my canadian husband: We don't own skates.
me: We'll rent them.
my canadian husband: (Laughs) Rent them?! You can't rent ice skates. Everyone owns there own skates.
me: Dude, you can rent skates! It's the same thing as going bowling. You rent bowling shoes.
my canadian husband: This is Canada! Everyone owns skates. No one owns bowling shoes.
me: What?!?! People own bowling shoes. I bet the same amount of people own skates as bowling shoes.

So, Canada, is it true? No skate rentals at the rink? Is it true that all Canadians own their own skates? And does anyone out there own their own bowling shoes??
 
posted by Teresa at 5:38 PM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Jen Wilson

    Hahaha, I know quite a few people who own both! You can't rent skates here (stupid small town), but you can rent them in West Edmonton Mall (so at least one place in Canada). I'm assuming you could probably rent them in Langley!

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Elizabeth

    My husband has his own bowling shoes. He wore them to his University grad.

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger jfur

    You can rent skates at any rink. I have never heard of a rink that doesn't have skate rentals... except now Terrace. Wierd. Brandon and I both own skates... but mine are at my parents so I always rent my skates when we go skating.

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Chelsey

    You can rent them in smithers...i dont know about here in PG, i own skates and i cant skate :) haha, i should have used that as one of the 5 things you dont know about me..i own skates, and cant skate, i dont own bowling shoes..but i can bowl...irony...

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Jen Wilson

    In addition, tell Nick that yes, okay, I like fish. Fish are okay. They don't stink or shed or poop on your rug or lick you or smell your crotch or slobber on you. They just sit in their tank and look pretty. Don't worry little brother, fish are alright!

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I think most people own their own but most rinks have rentals, I think!

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey, I think I own Nick's skates! We have all kinds of skates! Maybe when you come up, you can take some home with you!

     
  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger Tricia

    I own my own skates. Though my sister thinks they're now hers... they are not. Neither of us own bowling shoes.

     
  • At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    my parents both owned their own bowling shoes